American School of Valencia is pleased to host a new edition of VALMUN, our Model United Nations Conference for students in grades 7 through 9. The event will feature seven delegations representing these international schools:
- American School of Madrid (Spain)
- American School of Paris (France)
- American School of Valencia (Spain)
- Cambridge House Community College (Rocafort, Spain)
- Community School of Naples (Florida, United States)
- International School of Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- Izmir SEV School (Turkey)
- Marymount International School (Paris, France)
120 delegates will take part in three days of debates, working in five commissions having the same structure and procedures than the United Nations. A group of experienced ASV students will act as chairs of these committees. Aroa Fortea will be the Secretary General, and Victor Estela the Deputy Secretary General of VALMUN 2018. Other students will support the conference as admins.
The Opening Ceremony and the debates will be held on Saturday at ASV. The General Assembly and the Closing Ceremony on Sunday will take place at the UN Global Services Center, a communications facility serving the UN field missions around the world.
Learn more about the conference on http://valmun.asvalencia.org and join the conversation by using the hashtag #VALMUN2018.