Careers at ASV
American School of Valencia (ASV) recruits teachers and staff through direct application. Below is a summary of the qualifications of a successful candidate and the responsibilities of any teaching or staff position. Vacancies will be always posted on this section of the ASV website as well as on the ASV profile page on The International Educator (accessible only to registered users).
Working at ASV
Who Can Apply?
The following is a brief list of qualities the successful ASV candidate would possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in the subject area or a related educational field.
- A minimum of two years’ full-time teaching experience in a school setting.
- Knowledge of the American curriculum, educational philosophy and teaching methods.
- Recent professional development and knowledge of best practice in education.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with the integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding collaborative skills and a desire to work in a team-focused environment.
- Native or bilingual speaker of English.
- An advanced degree in the subject area or a related educational field.
- Knowledge and understanding of international teaching experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Spanish history and culture.
- Experience teaching International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (for high school applicants).
Working at ASV?
- Prepare courses and plan curriculum with other members of the department/team and liaise with other departments/grade levels as appropriate.
- Exhibit knowledge of current trends, pedagogy, research and topics of importance in the teaching of subject area or grade level.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ progress, prepare for parent conferences, grade assessments and complete report cards, etc.
- Take responsibility for the safety and well-being of all students, while delivering an engaging and challenging syllabus.
- Perform any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by the school.
- Professional Development (combination of on-site, international conferences and visiting consultants)
- Spanish or English Language Development Program
- Work Visa Expense Reimbursement
- Relocation Travel Stipend
- Additional Baggage Allowance
- Housing Location Assistance
- Healthcare (through Spanish national healthcare system or private healthcare at a minimal cost)
- Detailed information regarding compensation and benefits are provided during the interview process for each individual candidate.
The American School of Valencia regularly posts vacancies for teaching and non-teaching positions. These are the current openings for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Advanced Learning Coach. Detailed description here.
- High School (Grades 9-12) Mathematics Teacher. Detailed description here.
- Middle School-High School English Teacher. Detailed description here.
- Preschool and Elementary Assistant Principal. Detailed description here.
- Preschool and Elementary Principal. Detailed description here.
- Preschool Teacher (Nursery-Preschool-Kinder depending on qualifications and experiences)
Substitute teachers for all school sections may be required throughout the academic year. Please follow the instructions above to apply for a substitute position for the ASV substitution pool. The school reserves the right to finalize the recruitment process at any time.
American School of Valencia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and all applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate background and reference checks to work with students at our school.