“American School of Valencia prepares globally-conscious, life-long learners in an innovative, collaborative, and caring environment”
The Mission Statement guides our efforts to create an engaging and contemporary learning environment where students can develop all of their abilities. With diligence, perseverance, consistency and effort, all students have the opportunity to fulfill their individual potential in any academic area. American School of Valencia is committed to offering a rigorous curriculum, high-quality instruction with a world-class team of international educators, and facilities that align with these objectives in order that all students can enjoy the fruits of success. That is the ASV Difference.
We believe that....
- Today’s world needs people who can identify and solve problems through flexible, reflective and critical thinking.
- We demonstrate our understanding when we can apply our knowledge to a novel situation or teach another person.
- Learning evolves to meet the demands of an ever changing world.
- Collaborative relationships foster understanding and deepen learning.
- Examining our own beliefs and the beliefs of others helps us become empathetic, caring and contributing citizens in a diverse world.
- Learning multiple languages opens our world to understanding and appreciating other cultures.
- We achieve our full potential through dedication, hard work, and perseverance.
- Together, we raise ethical, responsible and independent learners to lead in the greater community.
The Learner Profile consists of the traits and qualities that American School of Valencia students pose after completing their education. Beyond merely transmitting knowledge and building skills, our school aspires to educate students who portray this profile in the future as both citizens and professionals.
As American School of Valencia learners we strive to be:
- Inquirers – We nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. We know how to learn independently and with others. We learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
- Knowledgeable – We develop and use conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines. We engage with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
- Thinkers – We use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take responsible action on complex problems. We exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.
- Communicators – We express ourselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. We collaborate effectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
- Principled – We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- Open-minded – We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
- Caring – We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around us.
- Risk-takers – We approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; we work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. We are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
- Balanced – We understand the importance of balancing different aspects of our lives—intellectual, physical, and emotional—to achieve well-being for ourselves and others. We recognize our interdependence with other people and with the world in which we live.
- Reflective – We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development.