On Friday, July 17, 2020, the American School of Valencia organized the Graduation and Awards Ceremony of the ASV Class of 2020. This major event in the school year was developed under special conditions due to the restrictions determined for public events during this phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, which included limited capacity, physical distance, disinfection and cleaning protocols, and a shorter event.
The ceremony also had speeches given by the President of the Board of Governors, Dr. Javier Sánchez; the ASV director, Michael L. Smith; the High School Principal, Mr. Josep Vicent Frechina; and the two students achieving the highest academic records, Sara Tormos and Mikhail Konovalov.
Nine awards were granted to outstanding students in specific academic areas or recognizing a set of traits aligned with the school philosophy.
- Humanities Award: Santiago Perera
- Science and Math Award: Elena Abad
- English “Utopia” Award: Ana Herescu
- Scholar-Athlete Award: Marc Tomás
- International Mindedness Award: Neenah G. Vaughn and Asia V. Zalla
- Director’s Award: Marc Tomás
- Ambassador’s Award: Ana Borrás
- Salutatorian: Mikhail Kolovanov
- Valedictorian: Sara Tormos
The school wants to congratulate the Class of 2020 for completing its life at ASV and succeeding during an extraordinary and challenging academic year.