The Conselleria d’Educació (Council for Education) of the Generalitat Valenciana announced on Thursday, March 12, 2020, the suspension of school activities at all levels – from daycare centers to universities – beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020, to contain the spread of the Coronavirus outbreak affecting Spain.
The decision to suspend classes was approved in coordination with the Spanish Government and initially was announced for an unlimited period of time. Please stay tuned for further announcements from ASV.
Virtual Learning Site
Anticipating the suspension of school activities, earlier this week ASV started to design a Virtual Learning Platform to ensure that learning is not affected during any cancellation of classes. This resource was most recently presented on the Coronavirus Update No. 5 released via email on Thursday, March 12, 2020, and its goal is communicating essential information regarding the learning plan and approach to education.
Campus Activities Affected by the Suspension
Given that the school suspension is taking place on March 16, 2020, all classes and Arts Day took place as normal on Friday. However, the SAT Test scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2020 was canceled. Athletic events initially planned for this weekend (the ESC Varsity Tournament, the Basketball and Volleyball FDM games for ASV+ teams) were also suspended.
Official Means of Communications
Due to the seriousness and sensitive nature of Coronavirus, as well as the possibility of misinformation, we urge all families to use only the official ASV communication channels when reading information about the school. These means are:
- The ASV App – please download from iTunes or Google Play.
- ASV Voices – our weekly newsletter.
- The ASV website.
Prior Messages to the ASV Community
- 03/12/2020 – ASV News. Coronavirus Update No.5
- 03/05/2020 – ASV News. Coronavirus Update No. 4
- 02/29/2020 – ASV Voices 223. Including Coronavirus Update No.3
- 02/25/2020 – ASV News. Coronavirus Update No. 2
- 02/01/2020 – ASV Voices 218. Including Coronavirus Update No. 1
Health and Safety Precautions
- Wash hands frequently with soap
- Use alcohol-based sanitizer
- Cover oneself with a tissue or arm when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid hand contact with face and eyes
- Most recently based on Spanish Ministry of Health, stay home to avoid crowds and the spread of the Coronavirus
- Contact 900-300-555 if you feel sick.
This is a challenging global phenomenon, and it is in times such as this that all members of our school community must contribute to the remission and elimination of this virus.
Stay well and stay healthy!