On Friday, May 31, 2019, American School of Valencia held the Graduation and Awards Ceremony of the ASV Class of 2019. With this event, the school community celebrated the end of the school life for the students in Grade 12.
The 58 new ASV graduates had a official photo session before the event. The ceremony started at 20:00 and was held for the first time at the Athletic Center, with many parents, family members, and friends attending, alongside High School teachers and a number of former students.
The ceremony included speeches made by Ms. Blanca Simón (President of the ASV Alumni Association), Dr. Alberto Domingo (President of the Board of Governors), Mr. Michael L. Smith (Director of the American School of Valencia), and Mr. Josep Vicent Frechina (High School Principal). The students achieving the two highest academic records, Alejandra Planells and Ismael Sáez, were in charge of the Salutatorian and Valedictorian speeches.
Nine awards were granted to the following students:
- Humanities Award: Pere Pascual Béjar
- Science and Math Award: Javier Ferrer Sánchez-Barcaiztegui
- English “Utopia” Award: Lauren de la Torre
- Scholar-Athlete Award: Óscar Simón Valbuena and Rosetta Taylor
- International Understanding Award: Eleanor Mae Wood
- Director’s Award: Víctor Estela Segura
- Ambassador’s Award: Víctor Estela Segura.
- Salutatorian: Alejandra Planells Devesa
- Valedictorian: Ismael Sáez Mallea
Congratulations to all of our new graduates!