“American School of Valencia prepares globally-conscious, life-long learners in an innovative, collaborative, and caring environment”
The Mission Statement guides our efforts to create an engaging and contemporary learning environment where students can develop all of their abilities. With diligence, perseverance, consistency and effort, all students have the opportunity to fulfill their individual potential in any academic area. American School of Valencia is committed to offering a rigorous curriculum, high-quality instruction with a world-class team of international educators, and facilities that align with these objectives in order that all students can enjoy the fruits of success. That is the ASV Difference.
We believe that....
- Today’s world needs people who can identify and solve problems through flexible, reflective and critical thinking.
- We demonstrate our understanding when we can apply our knowledge to a novel situation or teach another person.
- Learning evolves to meet the demands of an ever changing world.
- Collaborative relationships foster understanding and deepen learning.
- Examining our own beliefs and the beliefs of others helps us become empathetic, caring and contributing citizens in a diverse world.
- Learning multiple languages opens our world to understanding and appreciating other cultures.
- We achieve our full potential through dedication, hard work, and perseverance.
- Together, we raise ethical, responsible and independent learners to lead in the greater community.
The ASV Learner Profile is a set of traits and qualities that American School of Valencia students will possess pose upon completion of their education. The learner traits are based on the International Baccalaureate Organization’s Learner Profile and aligned with the IB philosophy of developing “internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet”, guides our school to educate students who portray this profile in the future as both citizens and professionals.
At American School of Valencia learners strive to be:
- Inquirers – ASV students nurture their curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. They know how to learn independently and with others. They learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
- Knowledgeable – ASV students develop and use conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines. They engage with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
- Thinkers – ASV students use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take responsible action on complex problems. They exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.
- Communicators – ASV students express themselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. They collaborate effectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
- Principled – ASV students act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. They take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- Open-minded – ASV students critically appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. They seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and they are willing to grow from the experience.
- Caring – ASV students show empathy, compassion and respect. They have a commitment to service, and they act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around them.
- Risk-takers – ASV students approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; they work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. They are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
- Balanced – ASV students understand the importance of balancing different aspects of their lives—intellectual, physical, and emotional—to achieve well-being for themselves and others. They recognize our interdependence with other people and with the world in which they live.
- Reflective – ASV students thoughtfully consider the world and their own ideas and experience. They work to understand their strengths and weaknesses in order to support their learning and personal development.
ASV Values have been developed to promote a positive learning environment for all students, parents and staff in connection with the school’s goal of promoting a culture of lifelong learning. By acquiring and putting into action the set of traits known as ASV CARE Values (come prepared, act responsibly, respect others, and engage in learning) our school community shows respect and appreciation for differences while we, altogether, ensure an optimal environment for learning.