American School of Valencia is hosting the Annual Teachers and Administrators Conference of MAIS (Mediterranean Association of International Schools). Educators and school leaders coming from 44 member schools will gather for a “powerful professional development experience” following a conference program which features “prominent experts in various specialized areas of education.”
Dates and Venue
- November, 1 to 5, 2017
- Hotel Meliá Valencia
- Dr. Douglas Reeves, founder of Creative Leadership Solutions
- Mr. Stephen Ritz, Educator, Innovator, Social Entrepreneur
- Dr. Thomas Guskey, Standards-Based Grading and Assessment (University of Kentucky)
- Dr. Mary Ehrenworth, Deputy Director at Teachers College Reading and Writing Project, Columbia University
- Mr. Stephen Barkley, Executive Vice President, PLS 3rd Learning
- Ms. Cathryn Berger Kaye, MA, International Service Learning and Education Consultant
- Ms. Erma Anderson, Science/Mathematics Consultant, Office of Overseas Schools AERO project.
- Mr. Brian May, Education Consultant, Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA)
- Dr. Susan Grant, National and international consultant on the applicability of brain research to good teaching practice, language and reading acquisition, dyslexia, and learning disabilities.
- Mr. Ken Shelton, EdTech Team, Apple Distinguished Educator and Google Certified Innovator